In order to protect civil aviation from attacks, national and European security frameworks and relating legislation have been developed. In Germany, the department ‘Aviation Security‘ of the German aviation authorities (Luftfahrtbundesamt) is responsible for the monitoring of the safe supply chain, including Regulated Agents and Known Consignors.
The Known Consignor is the entity who first enters identifiable cargo into the supply chain, i.e. who trade for own account.
Only cargo of a Known Consignor may be transported by a Regulated Agent as secure cargo on a passenger flight, as otherwise the save supply chain cannot be guaranteed.
We are happy to advise and support you until achieving the status of Known Consignor or Regulated Agent. We tailor the extent of our support to your needs.
- Free consultation on your premises, including tour and follow-up recommendation for further steps with regards to aviation security. Please get in touch; we are happy to arrange a site visit.
- Creation of aviation security programmes (Regulated Agents)
- Creation of aviation security programmes (Known Consignor)
- Germany-wide training with our registered instructors
- Support during implementation of legal requirements
- Preparation for certification audit by the Luftfahrtbundesamt
- Execution of yearly internal audits (including checklists, documentation and report)
- Provision of external Security Manager